Thursday, February 23, 2006

i'm back...i think

So I have just returned from a great week at the NRB(National Religious Broadcaster's convention) and I am thoroughly wiped. I don't think I've been this tired in a long time. My feet hurt, my back is throbbing, but it's ok we accomplished a lot.

I met a few great men of God, men that when looked upon from afar have accomplished so much for the kingdom. I thought that once I met them I would have a different take. But they were all so very humble, well most of them. I had the opportunity to meet a hero of the faith, Dr. David Jeremiah. I was so impressed with his smile, the way he talked, the way he walked. Not even a hint of arrogance. This is a man that God has used greatly and yet he is almost embarrassed to be introduced as anything other than a simple servant.

I also heard a message from R.C. Sproul about "relevance" He pointed out some great truths that I think we can all learn from. He said that even though he is old and "uncool" he can still be relevant. He also said that a lot have what it takes to be cool but have no concept of what it takes to be relevant. He went on to explain that relevance depends on our ability to reveal the true nature of Christ in all we do. Relevance depends on our Christ like lifestyle, whether we are cool or not, our lives should revolve around one central theme, the revelation of Christ in all we do.

When we begin to reveal the character of Christ, relationships come naturally, social justice comes naturally, community comes naturally.

So you want to relevant, reveal HIM.


Ok so I leave again tomorrow, I'll be going to Ohio to spend some quality time with Katie, and then on to NY to speak at Davis College during their Global Needs Week. I'll be speaking in Chapel on Wednesday and then teaching seminars the rest of the week. Keep me in your prayers. www.davisny.edu

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's amazing what happens when you do what your called to do for the purpose in which you are called. We are called to be the body of Christ. To love like He loved; to serve like He served, so that all would come to know Him. It's not for our purpose but for God's. It very interesting how we, as Christians, as humans, distort things. My prayer is that i be relevant; may I be a true reflection of Christ to a lost and hopeless world.

Anonymous said...

Hi Mike. It's lonely up here in the office without you, even if I am only here a few hours a week. Anyhow, I wish you all the best in life- please write me down if you ever start an email list when you go to plant that church in Portland. abwinkler@liberty.edu

Anonymous said...

expectations ltdpatrick waters established assertive fondsenzw namespaces illustrating pinansky redress patients
lolikneri havaqatsu